- 1/4 cup Mature Harvest olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2/3 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh broad (fava) beans, shelled
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 fresh artichoke hearts, trimmed 4-inches wide
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh peas, shelled
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 dill sprigs
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, carrot, broad (fava) beans, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and fry for 5 minutes. Add the artichoke hearts to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring continuously. Remove from the heat. Add the lemon juice and mix.
- Remove the artichoke hearts from the pan and place them in a separate large saucepan.
- Stir the peas into the mixture left in the pan, then use the mixture to fill the artichoke hearts. Add generous 2 cups of water. 1/4 teaspoon of salt and the sugar to the pan with the artichokes, then cover with a layer of parchment paper and put the lid on the pan. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and let rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with dill and serve.
- 44399813755202 - $30.00