- 1 cup borlotti (cranberry) beans, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup Mature Harvest olive oil
- 2 medium onion, finely sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 1/3 carrot, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp tomato paste
- 4 dried chillies, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried chili (red pepper) flakes
- 2/3 cup potatoes, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- Drain the soaked beans, then cook in a large saucepan of simmering water until soft, about 1 hour. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onion, garlic and carrot and cook for 10 minutes. Add the tomato paste, dried chili and dried chili flakes and cook for 1 minute. Add the borlotti beans, potato, dried basil and salt and cook for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, add generous 2 cups hot water and lemon juice and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add black pepper and honey. Finely slice the parsley and mix gently into the beans. Let rest for 10 minutes, then serve.
- 44399813755202 - $30.00