Fried Bread (Pisi)
1 hour & 30 minutes
- 2 cups plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp fresh yeast
- 2 cups Mature Harvest olive oil
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, dissolve the yeast in scant 1 cup lukewarm water. Make a well in the flour and add the yeast. Mix gently and knead for 5 minutes into a dough. Cover with a damp dish towel and rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough equally into 8 parts. Stretch the pieces of dough out to 6-inch discs and poke a hole in the middle of each disc with your finger. Cover with a damp dish towel and let rest for another 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat to 310 degrees F. Fry each bread in the hot oil for 4 minutes, turning continuously. Serve immediately.
Roast, pan fry, bake and marinate
- 44399813755202 - $28