Chickpea Salad (Nohut Piyazi)
- 1 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans), soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup Mature Harvest olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced into crescents
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 small hot red bell pepper, sliced into crescents
- 2 sundried tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground sumac
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely sliced
- 6 fresh basic sprigs, finely sliced
- Drain the soaked chickpeas (garbanzo beans), then cook in a saucepan of simmering water until soft, about 1.5 hours. Drain and put the cooked chickpeas in a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the bell pepper and sundried tomatoes and cook for a further minute.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, then pour the mixture over the chickpeas and mix gently. Add the cumin, red pepper flakes, sumac, lemon juice, parsley and basil, mix gently and serve.
Roast, pan fry, bake and marinate
- 44399813755202 - $28