- 1 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans), soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup Mature Harvest olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced into crescents
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 small hot red bell pepper, sliced into crescents
- 2 sundried tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground sumac
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely sliced
- 6 fresh basic sprigs, finely sliced
- Drain the soaked chickpeas (garbanzo beans), then cook in a saucepan of simmering water until soft, about 1.5 hours. Drain and put the cooked chickpeas in a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the bell pepper and sundried tomatoes and cook for a further minute.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, then pour the mixture over the chickpeas and mix gently. Add the cumin, red pepper flakes, sumac, lemon juice, parsley and basil, mix gently and serve.
- 44399813755202 - $28