Borlotti Bean Pilaki (Barbunya Pilaki)
- 1 cup borlotti (cranberry) beans, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup Mature Harvest olive oil
- 2 medium onion, finely sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 1/3 carrot, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp tomato paste
- 4 dried chillies, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried chili (red pepper) flakes
- 2/3 cup potatoes, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- Drain the soaked beans, then cook in a large saucepan of simmering water until soft, about 1 hour. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onion, garlic and carrot and cook for 10 minutes. Add the tomato paste, dried chili and dried chili flakes and cook for 1 minute. Add the borlotti beans, potato, dried basil and salt and cook for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, add generous 2 cups hot water and lemon juice and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add black pepper and honey. Finely slice the parsley and mix gently into the beans. Let rest for 10 minutes, then serve.
Roast, pan fry, bake and marinate
- 44399813755202 - $28